Season and timeframe: This tour can be booked any time from April to October.
Tour format: This format includes your rental motorcycle, a detailed description of the tour (roadbook), and your Tomtom GPS, with all the important places of interest already saved to the device. You will book your flights and hotel stays by yourself and travel individually (self-guided).
Tours: Total distance of about 1000m with daily distances of about 200-250km and many opportunities for sightseeing
Format suitable for: This is a format with a medium riding intensity. You should have some motorcyle travelling experience to enjoy it best. Left-side traffic, mostly calm, but can be more lively around Galway. Irish country roads can be very narrow with views on bends obstructed by hedges and tarmac being in questionable condition, but you can always ride slowly, hence safely in this traffic. 250km of riding take most of the day in Ireland, but on this tour the distances are slightly shorter, which leaves you with plenty of time for sightseeing. If you like to visit less and ride more, feel free to prolong every days trip by yourself. This format is very suitable for riders and riders with pillion assenger, who have a bit of motorcycling experience and like riding a good part of the day.
Arrival: Individual flight to Dublin, bus transfer to Gorey. We will pick you up at Gorey and drive to our tourbase, where you receive your rental motorcycle and start on your tour.
Option: You can combine this format with Bed&Bike - tours from our guesthouse. For example: Get used to left-side-driving for 3 days on daytours from our guesthouse, then depart for your roundtour.
This is one of our shorter tour formats, but you will gather lots of wonderful impressions on this ride. You will visit the pretty town of Kilkenny with it`s beautiful castle and the impressive Bunratty Castle. You will ride along a stunning part of the Wild Atlantic Way and see the famous Cliffs of Moher, dive into the buzzing city of Galway and enjoy the rugged beauty of Connemaras shores and mountains.
1. Day: Individual travel to Dublin and transfer to our tourbase. You will receive your rental motorcycle with a thorough introduction and start your tour with a short ride to Kilkenny, where you will stay for the night.
2. Day: Visit the pretty town and castle of Kilkenny. Drive to Cashel, formally seat of the irish high kings and one of Ireland most important historic sites. Finish the day in Bunratty, close to Limerick. You can visit the stunning Bunratty castle either still today or tomorrow.
3. Day: Drive to Loophead at the westcoast. Follow the Wild Atlantic Way to the Cliffs of Moher. The cliffs are hundreds of meters high and amazing to see. Follow the cost to the Burren, one of Ireland vastest and most special landscapes and finish your day in the buzzing town of Galway.
4. Day: You can leave your luggage at the hotel, as you will return to the same place tonight. Discover the rocky shores and hills of Connemara, a rugged, but very beautiful area. In the evening you can walk the beautiful bay and promenade of Salthill and enjoy Galways hospitility with is`s many restaurants, cafés or pubs.
5. Day: A short ride brings you to Clonmacnoise. This was one of Ireland most important monasterys in early medieval times. It is situated beautifully at the river Shannon and is very nice to visit. If you like historic stone carved celtic crosses, you will find some masterpieces here. Finally you return to our tourbase.
We will send you comprehensive description of you tour, which you can easily print at home before your tour:
You can purchase this Roadbook-PDF at an extra 30€, when you book your rental motorcycle. If you drive in a group, you can just purchase one PDF and take copies.