Individual selfguided roundtour on rental motorcyle with 8 days riding
Season: From April to October.
Tour format: This format includes your rental motorcycle, a detailed description of the tour (roadbook), and your Tomtom GPS, with all the important places of interest already saved to the device. You will book your flights and hotel stays by yourself and travel individually (self-guided).
Tours: Total distance of about 1600m with daily distances of about 180-250km and many opportunities for sightseeing.
Format suitable for: This is a format with a medium riding intensity. You should have some motorcyle travelling experience to enjoy it best. Left-side traffic, mostly calm, but can be more lively around Galway. Irish country roads can be very narrow with views on bends obstructed by hedges and tarmac being in questionable condition, but you can always ride slowly, hence safely in this traffic. 250km of riding take most of the day in Ireland, but on this tour some of the daily distances are slightly shorter, which leaves you with plenty of time for sightseeing. If you like to visit less and ride more, feel free to prolong every days trip by yourself. This format is very suitable for riders and riders with pillion assenger, who have a bit of motorcycling experience and like riding most of the day.
Arrival: Individual flight to Dublin, bus transfer to Gorey and we pick you up and drive to our tourbase, where you receive your rental motorcycle and start on your tour.
Option: You can combine this format with Bed&Bike - tours from our guesthouse. For example, get used to left-side-driving for 3 days on daytours from our guesthouse, then depart for your roundtour.
Many have heard about the scenic Ring of Kerry or the famous Cliffs of Moher. However, there are many more attractions out there, waiting for the motorbiker to be discovered and enjoyed. Not all of them are as well known as the above mentioned - but all of them are amazing!
Visit the incredibly beautiful coastlines of Kerry and cruise the narrow windy roads of the Kerry Mountains and the lovely Killarney National Park. Admire medieval castles and abbeys on the way and rest in pretty towns with cosy hotels and pubs. Be amazed by prehistoric sites and inhale the brise of the atlantic sea while standing ontop of impressive cliffs. Admire the moon-like rocky Burren and have fun in Galways vibrant city. But be warned - Irelands South can be addictive! The irish South is typically warmer than the North and therefore a good recommendation for your selfguided tour in spring or autumn, too.
1. Day: Individual arrival in Dublin and transfer to our tourbase where you will receive your rental motorcycle with a thorough introduction. You will have a short ride to Kilkenny, where you will stay for the night. Depending on your timing, you can visit the beautiful town and castle either today or tomorrow.
2. Day: Visit Kilkenny, if you did not have the time yesterday. Drive to Cahir and visit the stunning norman castle or at least have a nice walk around it and enjoy the park and setting. Enjoy a liitle coffe break and continue to Blarney.
3. Day: Visit Blarney Castle and enjoy the most beautiful garden and park around it. Ride to the cost: Beara Pensinsula is amazing by motorcycle. Enjoy the beautiful coastlines and ride over the stunning Healy Pass. You will spend the next two nights in Killarney.
4. Day: You can leave your luggage on the room, while visiting Killarney with a number of attractions, or ride the ring of Kerry and some of the amazing mountains of the Killarney National Park.
5. Day: After all the cliffs, you now head to the beach: At the long and sandy Inch Beach you can enjoy a coffee, while watching the surfers in the waves. The drive around Dingle Peninsula offers beautiful views, especially the Slea Head Drive at the westernmost part of the peninsula. On Conor Pass, you can have amazing views with the ocean in front of you and and behind you at the same time.
6. Day: A small ferry will help you cross the River Shannon and soon after that, you will get back to the coast and the Wild Atlantic Way. The Cliffs of Moher are much visited by tourists, but nevertheless very worthwhile a visit. Along the barren landscape of the Burren, one of Irelands most rocky landscapes, you will head to the vibrant city of Galway, where you will stay for two nights.
7. Day: You can leave your luggage on the room and enjoy a daytrip through Connemara and some part of Mayo. You will see rugged beautiful shorelines and landscapes, the famous Kylemore Abbey, and moors and moutains (bog), which look like a smaller version of the Scottish Highlands. Enjoy Galways hospitality in the evening.
8. Day: A short drive to Clonmacnoise: The abbey is located beautifully at the river Shannon and has been one Irelands most important abbeys in early medieval times. It is very nice to visit, before you return back to our tourbase.
We will send you comprehensive description of you tour, which you can easily print at home before your tour:
You can purchase this Roadbook-PDF, when you book your rental motorcycle. If you drive in a group, you can just purchase one PDF and take copies.