Individual selfguided roundtour on rental motorcyle with 11 days riding
Season and timeframe: This tour can be booked any time from April to October.
Tour format: This format includes your rental motorcycle, a detailed description of the tour (roadbook), and your Tomtom GPS, with all the important places of interest already saved to the device. You will book your flights and hotel stays by yourself and travel individually (self-guided).
Tours: Total distance of about 2000 km with daily distances of about 200-260 km and many opportunities for sightseeing.
Format suitable for: This is a format with a medium riding intensity. You should have some motorcyle travelling experience to enjoy it best. Left-side traffic, mostly calm, but can be more lively around Galway and Killarney and some touristic hotspots. Irish country roads can be very narrow with views on bends obstructed by hedges and tarmac being in questionable condition, but you can always ride slowly, hence safely. 260 km of riding take most of the day in Ireland. This format is very suitable for riders who like riding most of the day and still enjoy many opportunities for sightseeing.
Arrival: Individual flight to Dublin, bus transfer to Gorey and we pick you up and drive to our tourbase, where you receive your rental motorcycle and start on your tour.
Option: You can combine this format with Bed&Bike - tours from our guesthouse. For example, get used to left-side-driving for 3 days on daytours from our guesthouse, then depart for your roundtour.
Touring all around Ireland in only 11 days can be challenging. Most underestimate the time it takes. Good if you know which roads are best and which points of interest are great for motorcycle travelers. We have combined a great mix of smaller and bigger roads, beaches and cliffs, hills and mountains, castles and abbeys, smaller towns and major cities to a diverse portpolio for your amazing motorcycle tour around Ireland.
Your riding days:
1. Day: Individual arrival at Dublin, transfer to our tourbase where you receive your rental motorcycle with a thorough introduction and start your tour. Ride to Kilkenny, where you will stay for the first night. Visit the pretty town af Kilkenny and it`s impressive castle today or tomorrow.
2. Day: Visit Kilkenny, if you did not have the time yesterday. Drive to Cahir and visit the stunninc norman castle or at least have a nice walk around it and enjoy the park and setting. Enjoy a liitle coffe break and continue to Blarney. Visit Blarney Castle and the most beautiful garden and park around it. Continue to Killarney, where you will spend 2 nights.
3. Day: You can leave your luggage on the room, while visiting Killarney with a number of attractions, or ride the ring of Kerry and some of the amazing mountains of the Killarney National Park.
4. Day: You now head to the beach: At the long and sandy Inch Beach you can enjoy a coffee break, while watching the surfers in the waves. The drive around Dingle Peninsula offer beautiful views, especially the Slea Head Drive at the westernmost part of the peninsula. On Conor Pass, you can have amazing views with the ocean before and behind you at the same time. You will spend the night in Tralee.
5. Day: A small ferry will help you cross the River Shannon and soon after you will be back to the coast and the Wild Atlantic Way. The Ciffs of Moher are very much visited by tourists, but nevertheless very worthwhile to see. Along the barren landscape of the Burren, you will head to the vibrant city of Galway, where you will stay for the night.
6. Day: Today you will follow Connemara`s rugged coastline into the moors and mountains of Mayo, which look like a smaller version of the Scottish Highlands. You will further head via Sligo to the charming town of Donegal.
7. Day: You will visit the cliffs of Slieve Leagues. They are even higher than the Cliffs of Moher and rank among the highest cliffs in Europe. Glencolumbcille is a pretty village in a most stunning location between high cliffs and the backcountry mountains. The very pretty little museum village displays irish rural life over the centuries and is very worthwhile to visit. From the coast you will ride a long slope through the scenic mountains of the Glenveagh National Park and over the border to Northern Ireland and to Londonderry, where you will spend 2 nights.
8. Day: Londonderry (or Derry, as the irish call it,) is a scenic and interesting town. It combines some very beautiful historic monuments, a must see wall around the inner city, but also some modern architecture. You can easily spend your day visiting the city, or keep the sightseeing shorter and depart for a good halfday-tour to Malin Head, the very northern tip of the irish isle.
9. Day: Depart for the Causeway coastal route. The giants causeway and it`s famous basalt cliffs are often overrun by tourists, but worth a visit (if not overrun when you come). The roads around Torr Head in the very northeast are too small for buses and great for motorbikers. On a good day, you can see the scottish coast, which is only a few miles away. The following roads along the North Antrim Coast is probably the most beautiful road for motorbikers in Northern Ireland. You will spend the night in Belfasts lively city.
10. Day: The Titanic Experience is very worthwhile visiting. Continue to Mount Stewart House and Gardens, one of the most pretty examples on the entire isle. Follow the coast to beautiful Carlingford, where you will saty for a night.
11. Day: Back to the Republik of Ireland, you can visit the majestic Trim Castle before you return to our tourbase.
We will send you comprehensive description of you tour, which you can easily print at home before your tour:
You can purchase this Roadbook-PDF at an extra 50€, when you book your rental motorcycle. If you drive in a group, you can just purchase one PDF and take copies.