Individual selfguided roundtour on rental motorcyle with 6 days riding.
Season and timeframe: This tour can be booked any time from April to October.
Tour format: This format includes your rental motorcycle, a detailed description of the tour (roadbook), and your Tomtom GPS, with all the important places of interest already saved to the device. You will book your flights and hotel stays by yourself and travel individually (self-guided).
Tours: Total distance of about 1200m with daily distances of about 150-250km and many opportunities for sightseeing
Format suitable for: This is a format with a medium riding intensity. You should have some motorcyle travelling experience to enjoy it best. Left-side traffic, mostly calm, but can be more lively around Galway. Irish country roads can be very narrow with views on bends obstructed by hedges and tarmac being in questionable condition, but you can always ride slowly, hence safely in this traffic. 250km of riding take most of the day in Ireland, but on this tour some of the daily distances are slightly shorter, which leaves you with plenty of time for sightseeing. If you like to visit less and ride more, feel free to prolong every days trip by yourself. This format is very suitable for riders and riders with pillion assenger, who have a bit of motorcycling experinece and like riding most of the day.
Arrival: Individual flight to Dublin, bus transfer to Gorey. We will pick you up in Gorey and drive to our tourbase, where you receive your rental motorcycle and start on your tour.
Option: You can combine this format with Bed&Bike - tours from our guesthouse. For example, get used to left-side-driving for 3 days on daytours from our guesthouse, then depart for your roundtour.
Kerry ist lovely, lively, historical and colourful with a wildly romantic national park, beautiful mountains and stunning shores - Kerry is just amazing! You will experience three stunning peninsulas at the Wild Atlantic Way, with cliffs and rugged shorelines as well as a most most beautiful mountain scenery with curvy roads and amazing gaps and passes. On your way to Kerry and your return day, you will have nice rides through hilly countrysides with some very beautiful sightseeing, too.
1. Day: Individual travel to Dublin and transfer to our tourbase. You will receive your rental motorcycle with a thorough introduction and start your tour with a short ride to Kilkenny, where you will stay for the night.
2. Day: Kilkenny is a beautiful town to visit and the castle is stunning. A short ride brings you to Cashel, formerly seat of the irish high kings and one of Irelands most important historic sites. You finish the day in Tralee.
3. Day: Enjoy a nice day riding around the Dingle Peninsula. The Conor pass offers stunning views of the Atlantic in two directions! The Slea Head is an amazing ride along the coast. At Inch Beach you enjoy an afternoon coffe, while watching the surfers in the waves.
4. Day: You can leave your luggage in the same hotel for the next two days. Killarney offers a lot for a pause day, or you start your bike and ride around the Ring of Kerry (along the shore) with some driving in the amazing mountains of the Killarney National park, too.
5. Day: Another day, another stunning penunsula: Beara has partly very narrow roads and is less frequented by busses and campers, which makes it an ideal tour on motorcycle. The Coast is beautiful and the Healy Pass is amazing to ride.
6. Day: Today you can visit the normanic Cahir Castle on your way, before you return to our tourbase.
We will send you comprehensive description of you tour, which you can easily print at home before your tour:
You can purchase this Roadbook-PDF at an extra 30€, when you book your rental motorcycle. If you drive in a group, you can just purchase one PDF and take copies.