Individual selfguided roundtour on rental motorcyle with 11 days riding
Season and timeframe: This tour can be booked any time from April to October.
Tour format: This format includes your rental motorcycle, a detailed description of the tour (roadbook), and your Tomtom GPS, with all the important places of interest already saved to the device. You will book your flights and hotel stays by yourself and travel individually (self-guided).
Tours: Total distance of about 2000 km with daily distances of about 200-260 km and many opportunities for sightseeing.
Format suitable for: This is a format with a medium riding intensity. You should have some motorcyle travelling experience to enjoy it best. Left-side traffic, mostly calm, but can be more lively around Galway and Killarney and some touristic hotspots. Irish country roads can be very narrow with views on bends obstructed by hedges and tarmac being in questionable condition, but you can always ride slowly, hence safely. 260 km of riding take most of the day in Ireland. This format is very suitable for riders who like riding most of the day and still enjoy many opportunities for sightseeing.
Arrival: Individual flight to Dublin, bus transfer to Gorey and we pick you up and drive to our tourbase, where you receive your rental motorcycle and start on your tour.
Option: You can combine this format with Bed&Bike - tours from our guesthouse. For example, get used to left-side-driving for 3 days on daytours from our guesthouse, then depart for your roundtour.
Touring all around Ireland in only 11 days can be challenging. Most underestimate the time it takes. Good if you know which roads are best and which points of interest are great for motorcycle travelers. We have combined a great mix of smaller and bigger roads, beaches and cliffs, hills and mountains, castles and abbeys, smaller towns and major cities to a diverse portpolio for your amazing motorcycle tour around Ireland.
Your riding days:
1. Day: Individual arrival at Dublin, transfer to our tourbase where you receive your rental motorcycle with a thorough introduction and start your tour. Ride to Kilkenny, where you will stay for the first night. Visit the pretty town af Kilkenny and it`s impressive castle today or tomorrow.
2. Day: Visit Kilkenny, if you did not have the time yesterday. Drive to Cahir and visit the stunninc norman castle or at least have a nice walk around it and enjoy the park and setting. Enjoy a liitle coffe break and continue to Blarney. Visit Blarney Castle and the most beautiful garden and park around it. Continue to Killarney, where you will spend 2 nights.
3. Day: You can leave your luggage on the room, while visiting Killarney with a number of attractions, or ride the ring of Kerry and some of the amazing mountains of the Killarney National Park.
4. Day: You now head to the beach: At the long and sandy Inch Beach you can enjoy a coffee break, while watching the surfers in the waves. The drive around Dingle Peninsula offer beautiful views, especially the Slea Head Drive at the westernmost part of the peninsula. On Conor Pass, you can have amazing views with the ocean before and behind you at the same time. You will spend the night in Tralee.
5. Day: A small ferry will help you cross the River Shannon and soon after you will be back to the coast and the Wild Atlantic Way. The Ciffs of Moher are very much visited by tourists, but nevertheless very worthwhile to see. Along the barren landscape of the Burren, you will head to the vibrant city of Galway, where you will stay for the night.
6. Day: Today you will follow Connemara`s rugged coastline into the moors and mountains of Mayo, which look like a smaller version of the Scottish Highlands. You will further head via Sligo to the charming town of Donegal.
7. Day: You will visit the cliffs of Slieve Leagues. They are even higher than the Cliffs of Moher and rank among the highest cliffs in Europe. Glencolumbcille is a pretty village in a most stunning location between high cliffs and the backcountry mountains. The very pretty little museum village displays irish rural life over the centuries and is very worthwhile to visit. From the coast you will ride a long slope through the scenic mountains of the Glenveagh National Park and over the border to Northern Ireland and to Londonderry, where you will spend 2 nights.
8. Day: Londonderry (or Derry, as the irish call it,) is a scenic and interesting town. It combines some very beautiful historic monuments, a must see wall around the inner city, but also some modern architecture. You can easily spend your day visiting the city, or keep the sightseeing shorter and depart for a good halfday-tour to Malin Head, the very northern tip of the irish isle.
9. Day: Depart for the Causeway coastal route. The giants causeway and it`s famous basalt cliffs are often overrun by tourists, but worth a visit (if not overrun when you come). The roads around Torr Head in the very northeast are too small for buses and great for motorbikers. On a good day, you can see the scottish coast, which is only a few miles away. The following roads along the North Antrim Coast is probably the most beautiful road for motorbikers in Northern Ireland. You will spend the night in Belfasts lively city.
10. Day: The Titanic Experience is very worthwhile visiting. Continue to Mount Stewart House and Gardens, one of the most pretty examples on the entire isle. Follow the coast to beautiful Carlingford, where you will saty for a night.
11. Day: Back to the Republik of Ireland, you can visit the majestic Trim Castle before you return to our tourbase.
We will send you comprehensive description of you tour, which you can easily print at home before your tour:
Our bikes come in very different seat heights and weight. Please make sure you check our following recomendations for different riders:
Rider with pillion passenger: BMW R1250GS, BMW F750GS, BMW F800GS
Tall riders: Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports, BMW F800GS, BMWF800GS lowered, BMW R1250GS.
Shorter riders: Indian Scout Sixty, BMW F700GS lowered, BMW F750GS lowered, . BMW F700GS standard and BMW G310GS may be also be a good option, because they are are light and easy to balance.
For average height riders: all motorcycles, expect maybe for Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports, which is very tall and heavy.
Easy to handle: BMW F700GS in all versions, BMW G310GS, Indian Scout Sixty
For A2-license holders: BMW F700GS 48hp, Indian Scout Sixty 48hp, BMW G310GS 34hp
You can find data and more information on the motorcyles at the very bottom of this page.
Price in Euro per driver per tour (including passenger) (incl. VAT)
One rental motorcycle and tour-description in PDF format, 11 riding days
BMW R1250GS - available as of season 2022
BMW R1250GS factory lowered - available 2022
Honda Africa Twin Adv.Sports - available 2022
BMW F750GS factory lowered
Indian Scout Sixty
Indian Scout Sixty 48hp
BMW F800GS factory lowered
BMW F700GS factory lowered
BMW F700GS 48hp
BMW G310GS 34hp - available 2022
Included in the Price: Rental motorcycle with included equipment: Tomtom Rider 550 sat nav GPS, tyre puncture repair kit, helmet lock, motorcycle lock, luggage system (side panniers and topbox, or side bags and rear bag). Fully comprehensive insurance, insurance excess is coverreed by security deposit. Security deposit is 1000€ for category AA, 750€ for category A and 500€ for any other category. 300 kms per day are included in the price, more kms will be charges at 30Cents/km. Secured Payment Certificate. Detailed tour description (roadbook) in PDF format. Transfer from Gorey to our tourbase and return.
Not included in the price: Tourguide, flights, coach/bus from Dublin Airport to Gorey (costs about 18€ per person one way), fuel, accomodation, meals, drinks and other expenses.
Full motorcycle helmet and gloves: 100€ for 11 days
Protective motorcycle suit (jacket and pants, water resistant, but not waterproof): 100€ for 11 days
Rain suit (jacket and pants): 50€ for 11 days
Motorcycle boots: 50€ for 11 days
Complete set with helemt and gloves, motorcycle suit, rain suit, boots: 250€ for 11 days
Tank bag: 50€ for 11 days.
Our rental base is also our selfcatering guesthouse. You can add a stay (min 3 days) to your tour (before or after) and enjoy some more daytours in the Wicklow Mountains and to the south east coast. Please find more information in the menu under "Bed&Bike..."
If interested, please indicate in the below booking request form and we will include this in our offer. Price example: prolongation of +3 days on a BMW F700GS with a double room for a single person in June (main season) = 555€
Secured Payment Certificate: All your payments are secured by the german R+V insurance company against failure from easycruiser.tours. Should easycruiser.tours not be able to fulfill the tour contract for whatever reason, you will receive your payments back - guaranteed and insured.
Motorcycle Insurance: All rental motorcycles come with a fully comprehensive insurance to cover the driver in case of accident, fire, damage or loss of the vehicle. First or excess payment is covered by the respective security deposit.
Clients risk: However: this does not cover the guests side of the contract: Should you not be able to attend to the tour (e.g. sickness), you still have to pay the tour price according to the cancellation policy as outlined in the general terms and conditions. If you want your risk to be insured, you should get a separate travel insurance from your insurance company.
Your request is not yet binding. Based on your details we will check availability and will send you an offer.
BMW R1250GS: 136hp, 1250cc, 250kg. Ultimate travel comfort for rider and passenger with luggage. Plastic side boxes and top box. Bike is standard height and will suit riders from about 180cm to 190cm ( about 6´ to 6´3´´) of height. Minimum age: 25, European motorcycle license A or international full motorcycle license. This is a heavy bike.
BMW R1250GS factory lowered: 136hp, 1250cc, 250kg. Ultimate travel comfort for rider and passenger with luggage. Plastic side boxes and top box. Bike is factory lowered, but we have a low and a high seat available to accomodate a wide range of riders from about 176cm to 190cm ( about 5´9´´ to 6´3´´) of height. Minimum age: 25, European motorcycle license A or international full motorcycle license. This is a heavy bike.
Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin Adventure Sports: 102hp, 1100cc, 245kg, Very good comfort for rider. Passenger space and comfort is a bit restricted by the large aluminium panniers. Rider height recommendation: 180cm - 200cm ( about 5´11´´ to 6´6´´). Minimum age: 25, European motorcycle license A or international full motorcycle license. This bike is tall and heavy.
BMW F750GS: 77hp, 850cc (!), 227kg, very comfortable bike for rider and passenger. Plastic side boxes and top box. Rider height recommendation: 175cm - 188cm ( about 5´9´´ to 6´2´´). Minimum age: 25, European motorcycle license A or international full motorcycle license.
BMW F750GS factory lowered: 77hp, 850cc (!), 227kg. Very comfortable bike for rider and passenger. Plastic side boxes and top box. Rider height recommendation: 172cm - 183cm (about 5´7´´ to 6´0´´). Minimum age: 25, European motorcycle license A or international full motorcycle license.
BMW F800GS: 86hp, 800cc, 214kg. Good comfort for rider and passenger. This bike has a very tall seatheight. Rider height recommendation: 185cm - 195cm (about 6´1´´ to 6´6´´). Plastic side boxes and top box. Minimum age: 21, European motorcycle license A or international full motorcycle license.
BMW F800GS factory lowered: 86hp, 800cc, 214kg. Good comfort for rider. Room and comfort for passenger are restricted by large aluminium panniers. Rider height recommendation: 178cm - 190cm (about 5´11´´ to 6´4´´). Minimum age: 21, European motorcycle license A or international full motorcycle license.
BMW F700GS: 75hp, 800cc, 212kg. Easy to ride, very light handling and good comfort for rider. Suitable for 2 not too tall and heavy persons with not too much luggage. Plastic side boxes and top box. Rider height recommendation: 172cm -183cm (about 5´7´´ to 6´0´´)). Minimum age: 20, European motorcycle license A or international full motorcycle license.
BMW F700GS factory lowered: 75hp, 800cc, 212kg, Easy to ride, very light handling and good comfort for rider. Suitable for 2 not too tall and heavy persons with not too much luggage. Plastic side boxes and top box. Rider height recommendation: 168cm - 180cm (about 5´6´´ to 5´11´´). Minimum age: 20, European motorcycle license A or international full motorcycle license.
BMW F700GS with 48hp/35KW: 75hp, 800cc, 212kg, Easy to ride, very light handling and good comfort for rider. Suitable for 2 not too tall and heavy persons with not too much luggage. Plastic side boxes and top box. Rider height recommendation: 172cm -183cm (about 5´7´´ to 6´0´´). Minimum age: 18, European motorcycle license A2 or A, or international full motorcycle license.
BMW G310GS: 34hp, 310cc, 175kg. Extremely easy to ride and very lightweight motorcycle. Waterproof rear bag and soft side bags. Not suitable for 2-up riding. Rider height recommendation from 168cm to 183cm (about 5´6´´ to 6´0´´). Minimum age: 18, European motorcycle license A2, A or international full motorcycle license.
Indian Scout Sixty: 77hp, 1000cc, 248kg. Very low seat, therefore easy to handle. Only 1 seat, no passenger. Waterproof rear bag on plus soft side bags. Rider height recommendation: from 165cm to 180cm (about 5´5´´ to 5´11´´). Minimum age: 20, European motorcycle license A or international full motorcycle license.
Indian Scout Sixty with 48hp/35KW: 77hp, 1000cc, 248kg. Very low seat, therefore easy to handle. Only 1 seat, no passenger. Waterproof rear bag plus soft side bags. Rider height recommendation: from 165cm to 180cm (about 5´5´´ to 5´11´´). Minimum age: 18, European motorcycle license A2 or A, or international full motorcycle license.